Outdoor showers can seem like the quite luxury item – something you might expect at a beach house or a private villa in an international resort?
The truth is that outdoor showers are becoming increasingly popular and far more affordable than you might realise - it all comes down to how simple or complex you want your shower to be. You can purchase stunning contemporary outdoor shower kits off-the-shelf or, for a classic coastal look, get your plumber to install a simple copper shower head.
From rustic to contemporary, extravagant to minimalist, our showcase of breathtaking outdoor showers will leave you inspired and pondering what’s possible in your own backyard.
Not only can an outdoor shower make a impressive resort-style statement, it's also perfect for washing off the salt, chlorine and sand, bathing your pets, rinsing off pool gear or surfboards, or even showering under the stars.
Feeling inspired by this gallery of beautiful outdoor showers? Here's our top tips and advice:
1. Plumbing check in with your plumber if you have access to hot and cold water to the location where you want your shower
2. Position consider proximity to your needs (is it to rinse off after a swim or do you need a private location for bathing)
3. Drainage most hot-water outlets will need to be connected to the sewer whereas cold water showers can run off into your garden or storm water
4. Plantings really add to the beauty of an outdoor shower but you want to ensure they'll thrive too. Consider palms, bamboo and other lush plants like strelitzias.
5. Invest in good quality shower heads and taps as they're the most prominent feature
If you have any outdoor shower questions, we'd love to hear from you.